- PVC Plastic
- Can be used to bond PVC to Hypalon and other rubber products.
- Work in a well ventilated area (garage or shady area works well)
- Use a respirator and chemical resistant gloves (i.e. Nitrile gloves).
- Eye protection
- See container for further precautions.
- Use methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) to clean any urethane or PVC materials and use toluene to clean any hypalon or synthetic rubber materials.
- All contact/gluing surfaces must be thoroughly buffed, using a sanding wheel, 150 or 180 grit sandpaper, or a roller rasp. Just buff the fabric shine off; don't rasp down to the threads.
- Cut patch, rounding the edges.
- Clean the buffed surfaces with recommended solvent, using a lint free towel.
- Trace area of patch (extending 2" from all sides of the damaged area) with a pencil.
Mixing Adhesive with Accelerator
Prepare your glue, mixing at a ratio of 10 parts glue to 1 part accelerator in a container that has a lid. Keep the glue covered while not in use.
- Both surfaces to be joined must be coated with adhesive.
Note: The surfaces to be joined must be dry prior to applying adhesive.
- Apply one thin, even coat of adhesive to each surface.
- Wait until the first coat of adhesive is dry-approximately 10 - 30 minutes depending on conditions. Use the "knuckle" test - touch your gloved finger to the glue) You should be able to feel adhesion without your knuckle sticking.
- Apply a second thin, even coat to each surface. Wait until the second coat has an even, tacky finish (surfaces should not be visibly wet). Use the knuckle test again to gauge the optimum surface condition for joining the surfaces. Time will be 5 - 10 minutes. Don't allow the layer to completely dry.
- Immediately press both sides of the fabric together and apply pressure to the entire glued surface using a roller, rolling from the center out. This forces air bubbles out and meshes the two fabrics together. Use a lint free towel to wipe up excess glue.
- Complete drying time takes approximately 24 hours.
- Be careful when rolling up a repaired boat for storage. Make sure drying is complete.
Note: Year round use of 303 Protectant is recommended between uses, and before storage of your inflatable.